The Important Elements of the RCIA
- a gradual unfolding of the mysteries of the faith, punctuated by moments of grace;
- an organic and systematic presentation of the faith;
- a liturgical, pastoral, and catechetical experience;
- intimately involving the parish community; and
- deeply kerygmatic (involving the proclamation of the Gospel) and Christocentric (having Christ at the center).
How We Can Help
- RCIA Team Training: We can conduct half-day, full-day, or multiple-day formation retreats for your RCIA team, where they will learn more about what the RCIA is and how it can be effectively implemented in a parish.
- Training on “How to Get 1-on-1” and “How to Lead a Small Group”: RCIA sessions often involve breaking into small groups to discuss what was presented. Sponsors and RCIA team members often also find themselves in important 1-on-1 conversations with candidates and catechumens. We can train you in how to perfect these encounters.
- Sponsor Training: Sponsors have a unique role to play in the lives of catechumens. We can prepare them for this role.
- Creating a Topical Calendar: If the RCIA is supposed to proceed gradually, organically, and systematically, then the topics you present and when you present them is very important. We can help you put a calendar of topics together that will allow your candidates and catechumens to get the most out of each stage of the RCIA process.
- Training on Catechetical Methodology: We can train your RCIA team on methods of teaching that will empower them to teach the faith in a dynamic way that facilitates conversion.
Here you will find resources and documents that will assist you with the catechetical and evangelistic aspects of Christian Initiation. For questions about the liturgies and rites of the process, see the Office for Divine Worship and Sacraments.
Join us for an evening with drinks, dinner, fellowship, and awards to recognize the incredible work of our Catholic Evangelists in the Archdiocese! Cocktail Hour begins at 5:00 p.m. with […]Find out more »