CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR ENGAGEMENT!
This is an exciting time filled with many blessings and preparations. The steps below will help you in your Catholic Marriage Preparation Process.
1. As soon as possible after your engagement, contact your parish and set up a meeting with a priest or deacon. He will walk you through the following steps to assist you in preparing for a life-long and joy-filled marriage.
2. Complete one of the following marriage preparation inventories and participate in follow up:
3. Genesis Retreat (2020 Pre-Cana, see below)
4. Complete a course in Natural Family Planning through one of the following NFP providers:
- Couple to Couple League
- Creighton Model
- Billings Ovulation Method
- For a list of upcoming Natural Family Planning courses, please click this link. Please check this website regularly, as the list is being revised on a regular basis.
- Receive the Sacrament of Reconciliation
- Pray as a couple daily
- Participate in on-going events for married couples at your parishes or neighboring parishes.
Check out these Frequently Asked Questions by Engaged Couples.
Genesis Marriage Retreat
It all begins with GENESIS, the one-day retreat for engaged couples. On the GENESIS retreat, also known as Pre-Cana, you will deepen your relationship with Jesus Christ and one another. You will meet other engaged couples as you begin the journey towards your wedding day where “authentic married love is caught up into divine love.”
Register for a Genesis Retreat
Contact me for: Information regarding the Genesis marriage prep retreat Becoming a presenting couple for a Genesis retreat Hosting a Genesis retreat at your parish Becoming a mentor couple to […]