CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR ENGAGEMENT!
This is an exciting time filled with many blessings and preparations. The steps below will help you in your Catholic Marriage Preparation Process.
1. As soon as possible after your engagement, contact your parish and set up a meeting with a priest or deacon. He will walk you through the following steps to assist you in preparing for a life-long and joy-filled marriage.
2. Choose your own mentor couple using Witness to Love, or complete one of the following marriage preparation inventories and particpate in a follow-up with your mentor couple:
3. Attend Genesis: A Pre-Cana Retreat. See all available dates on the Genesis Retreat here.
4. Complete a course in Natural Family Planning. For a list of courses available in person throughout the archdiocese and online, please visit the NFP webpage:
- Receive the Sacrament of Reconciliation
- Pray as a couple daily
- Participate in on-going events for married couples at your parishes or neighboring parishes.
Check out these Frequently Asked Questions by Engaged Couples.
Genesis Marriage Retreat
It all begins with GENESIS, the one-day retreat for engaged couples. On the GENESIS retreat, also known as Pre-Cana, you will deepen your relationship with Jesus Christ and one another. You will meet other engaged couples as you begin the journey towards your wedding day where “authentic married love is caught up into divine love.”
Register for a Genesis Retreat
View the complete list of Genesis 2022 Retreats
Just Released! View the complete list of Genesis 2023 Retreats.
Montezuma, OH 45866 United States
This retreat is designed specifically to help couples prepare for the sacrament of marriage following a death of a spouse or an annulment. You will hear stories from couples who have experienced […]Find out more »
Information for Parish Clergy/Marriage Coordinators
1. Click to view the Chancellor Resource site where the M1 form in English and Spanish are available. Click here to download our new resource sheet with Guidelines for the process for marriages celebrated in another (Arch)diocese.
2. Click to order the Archdiocese of Cincinnati Wedding Liturgy Planning Guide.
3. Click for information about the marriage catechumenate.